Fire & Emergency Services Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes participants to many career experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service activities. The primary goals of the program are to help young adults choose a career path within fire and emergency services and to challenge them to become responsible citizens of their communities and country.
Fire Explorers are able to, while still in High School, learn about aspects of the Fire Service. Explorers undergo instruction from experienced firefighters and EMTs, learning through hands-on practical environments. The program aims to give young adults career training and guidance, while teaching life skills and building character.
- Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options at school and work
- Develop physical and mental fitness
- Experience positive social interaction
- Encourage the skill and desire to help others
- Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others
- Help make ethical choices
- Fulfill one’s responsibilities to society as a whole
- Acquire leadership skills necessary to fulfill one’s responsibilities in society
- Develop a variety of leadership traits
- Gain practical knowledge of and experience in a career
- Engage in a program of activities centered on career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character development, and leadership experience to encourage the development of the whole person
- Have opportunities to take on leadership roles
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and enjoyable environment